Getting your pool ready for summer
Some easy to do tips that will help get your pool ready.
Remove and clean your pool cover or debris net if fitted. If possible try not to cover pools during winter so you can keep your eye on your water condition.
Clear the area around your pool from debris and cut back or remove any foliage that is overgrown or hanging over the pool.
Ensure pool water levels are good or on the higher than normal level at this time as this will enable you to give your filter an extended backwash and rinse. Try to maintain the pool’s water level at least 3/4 of the way up your poolside skimmer box 24/7.
- Clean out your poolside skimmer basket and pool pump basket.
- Start up your pool pump and filtration system.
- Backwash and rinse your pool filter or remove your filter cartridge and clean it properly.
- Reset pump daily running/filtering times on your pump control clock.
- Longer in summer and shorter daily runtimes in winter.
- We recommend 2 x filtration cycles per day.
If you are time poor and need help you can always contact the PoolBlitz team and we can do all this for you!